The Kisokaido Highway was a road approximately 40 km in length that started at Nagoya and passed through Komaki, Gakuden, and Haguro, and from Zenjino through Dota, connecting to the Nakasendo Highway between Ota and Fushimi-juku. It was built by the Owari Domain in 1612. There were three post stations along the way: Komaki, Zenjino, and Dota.
The Kisokaido Highway is thought to have been built between 1615 and 1623. Once it was built, the center of Komaki village moved from the south of Mt. Komaki to the side of the highway.
Nagoya Castle Higashi-otemon Gate～Nakasendo Fushimi-juku(Hida Kiso National Park)