facebook twitter instagram



Historic Site
Kurisu-no-watashi is the site of a dock for a ferry that went from Kurisu village, just upriver from the Inuyama castle town, to Katsuyama village in Mino Province (the present-day Sakahogicho in Kamo District, Gifu Prefecture; also known as Torikumi village) on the other bank. It is not known when the ferry started running, but legend has it that Oda Nobunaga used this ferry crossing.
The ferry dock continued to be used until 1955. Today, a cobblestone road and a monument to the water deity remain.
Ozaki Kurisu Inuyama Aichi Prefecture
Historic Site