Daisho-ji Temple is the Nagoya branch temple of Daihonzan Naritasan Shinsho-ji Temple (in Narita, Chiba Prefecture), a temple of the Shingon sect’s Chisan school. Its principal image is Fudo Myo-o.
The main hall was constructed in October 1953, and its completion was celebrated in November that same year. A showy memorial service to welcome the Buddha was held, and the temple opened as Daihonzan Naritasan Nagoya Betsuin Daisho-ji (also known as Inuyama Naritasan). Since then, it has received the total support of believers for the maintenance of the halls and buildings within its precincts, and has now become the largest center for Fudo Myo-o worship in central Japan.